Your Guide to the E-Commerce Industry
How to Protect Yourself When Shopping Online
You’re on your computer and you see the perfect dress for an upcoming event. You click “buy now” and before you know it, a box with that dress is delivered to your door. Sounds like a dream come true, right? Wrong! Fraudulent websites are easy to find online and they can lead people into buying things that they don’t want or need by taking advantage of their excitement. In this article we will show you how to protect yourself from fraud so that when the time comes, nothing will stop you from getting exactly what you want! BlueSnap will surely protect you, so make sure that online shop you are buying from has this payment processing service on.
– Be aware of the legitimacy of a website and make sure you know what company’s logo is on it. If they don’t have one, be cautious when making purchases from them or even giving out your personal information to them.
– Look for security icons such as those that say “Secure Sockets Layer” (SSL) at checkout pages where sensitive data will be transmitted securely so that no one can steal your identity while shopping online. These are the types with an icon like this: ☆☆s which appears in green text next to the URL address bar usually. A lock symbol indicates SSL encryption but does not mean there is always SSL protection available during every step in the purchase process!
– Double check websites’ URLs as you type them in the address bar to make sure they are legitimate. If for example, a site’s URL is “storesale.com,” but when typed into the browser it appears as “shopsalecom” with an extra letter at the end and has no SSL icon next to it, this should raise some red flags!
– Remember that shopping sites may have social media accounts like Facebook or Twitter where people can post their opinions about how great certain products are. Check these pages out before buying anything from those stores because if something doesn’t seem right then chances are there will be negative reviews somewhere online too!
– Read all of the terms and conditions before purchasing anything on any website so that you know what your responsibilities are.